[Kde-hardware-devel] Review Request: Adds tab with Mobile Broadband info (depends on ModemManager)

Lamarque Vieira Souza lamarque at gmail.com
Fri May 21 02:41:49 CEST 2010

Em Quinta-feira 20 Maio 2010, Sebastian Kügler escreveu:

> >         Here it is http://www.kde-
> >
> > mg.org/sites/default/files/lamarque/screenshot11.jpg
>
> Ah, ok. Looks like the culprit is not the traffic monitor, but the labels
> that overflow (the trafficmonitor just expands over to the length of the
> longest label. I'll see what's wrong with the layout (reminds me that I
> should test the whole thing with bigger fonts).

	My screen has high reslution (1680x1050), so I need to increase fonts so
that I do not force my eyes. Unfortunately that makes Plasma applets too big
too, bigger than I would like. The change I commited some days ago set traffic
monitor's preferred width to its current width and its minimum height to 1/3
of its width, it works good here, I do not know how it works with smaller
screen sizes.

> BTW, I saw that you're attending Akademy, cool :) We'll meet in person
> there, then.

	Yeah, I just hope it will not be that cold there, last winter I suffered
a lot with sinusite.

> Also, Will gave me a 3G card today to run a test, I can confirm that it
> basically work (though I did not go "all the way", since my SIM card would
> roam, I've been in Nürnberg at the openSUSE offices today, and now staying
> at Will's place).

	My chip works in all Brazil's territory paying the same amount per month,
it's a good plan, expensive but it helps me a lot when I travell.
Unfortunately it is very high insanely expensive if I use it in Europe (about
16 euros per MB comperated to less than 26 euros per month I pay if I am in
Brazil).

> > http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/3769/
>
> The patch doesn't seem to contain the Plasma changes, does it?

	There are two patches, one for solid and another one for plasma nm:
http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/3778/.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.geographicguide.com/brazil.htm