[Kde-hardware-devel] HUPnP and libsolid Licenses - Would be it a problem?

Paulo Rômulo p.romuloo at gmail.com
Thu May 20 21:46:28 CEST 2010

Hello, guys, especially Tuomo. :)

Since HUPnP is distributed under a GPLv3 license and libsolid (and Qt/KDE as
well) is LGPL, this license "incompatibility" wouldn't be a problem for us?
I'm not a license expert, but AFAIK, if a given library made under LGPL uses
another library distributed under GPL this makes the first (in our case
Solid library) to become GPL, right? Assuming that it's not a desired
consequence, could Tuomo change HUPnP license to LGPL?

Regards,
--
Paulo Rômulo Alves Barros
MSc. Candidate in Computer Science