[Kde-hardware-devel] Solid homepage, logo

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sat Mar 27 12:39:05 CET 2010

On Wednesday 3 March 2010 15:03:23 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> does http://solid.kde.org/ still work? Or should any useful and valid
> content be moved to TechBase and UserBase?

No really the content which is still relevant and can be saved should move to
TechBase or UserBase. That's one of those not-so-technical tasks I'd like to
do for about a year without finding the time.

Once the wikis are ready we would make http://solid.kde.org just a redirect to
userbase or techbase depending what feels more appropriate.

Is anybody up for something like that? It'd be of great help, I can provide
input and the person responsible for it could ask for input on this list, but
if I'm honest with myself having it on my TODO list just means it'll keep
being an open issue forever.

> I ask because I wanted to find a place where to dump my current notes about
> how to create a Solid backend. And find solid.kde.org to be outdated and
> unaccessible for writing to me, also not referenced from prominent places
> (and run by a proprietary CMS ;) ).

Said CMS got GPLed in the meantime IIRC, but I'm not sure it got a proper
formal release. It's mostly rigid content though and a wiki would be just
better anyway.

> So that approach seems to have served
> its purpose (promo in KDE4.0 times) and should be switched from IMHO.

Well, and it was pre-techbase also, so that's partly why we had those small
websites popping up.

> Would http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Solid be a good place for a restart
> for the developer centric infos?

Definitely yes!

> The official Solid logo is the one in the upper left of solid.kde.org,
> right?

Yes. If needed I can probably try to find another version, for vector based
version Nuno probably have it.

Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net