[Kde-hardware-devel] Solid UDisks backend

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Jul 26 09:59:04 CEST 2010

On Monday 26 July 2010 09:49:48 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I'm not asking the lib going back into kdereview, i'm asking the backend
> going through kdereview.

OK, I guess the point you're missing is that they're not plugins. So that's
effectively the whole lib you'd need to review such a backend (just like
kdecore/auth/backends for instance).

Really makes no sense to go through kdereview in this case, especially as such
backends basically require knowledge of the lib itself, which means the people
which are on this list. kdereview wouldn't buy us much.

Don't take me wrong, kdereview is great in the general case, but for a corner
case like this one I'm not keen on generating bureaucracy work for the sake of
it.

Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net