[Kde-hardware-devel] networkmanagement moved to extragear

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Thu Jul 22 13:30:08 CEST 2010

Perşembe 22 Temmuz 2010 günü (saat 14:02:42) Will Stephenson şunları yazmıştı:
> On Thursday 22 July 2010 08:10:27 Ozan Çağlayan wrote:
> > Çarşamba 21 Temmuz 2010 günü (saat 17:28:19) Sebastian Kügler şunları
>
> Yes, by me.
>
> Does this mean Pardus is using org.freedesktop.NetworkManager now?

On the upcoming 2011 release, yes it will but the applet/plasmoid should
support the system-wide management as I'm gonna make it the default mechanism.

The migration implies that we'll unfortunately be dropping our Python based
networking backends due to difficulty of maintainance. So not only the GUIs
but also the backend will default to NetworkManager.

I want to contribute but I really have little time but will try to post a few
things that I've spotted about the user interface.

Worst case will be to unfortunately ship the GNOME's applet. Actually I was at
least expecting a merge into 4.6 but I've read somewhere that it will make
into 4.7.

Regards,

---
Ozan Çağlayan