[Kde-hardware-devel] Notes from Solid BoF at Tokamak4

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Feb 24 16:45:43 CET 2010

On Tuesday 23 February 2010 03:59:52 Alex Fiestas wrote:
> Is important to have a PoC so we can start to work in our respective
> backends ASAP. The Bluez one is really simple, so I'd like to have it
> finished for 4.5 (and by the way can be used as a real working example).

During the meeting, the aim was to have the transition done for 4.6... But
somehow had a productivity boost last night, and architecture wise all the
pieces should be in now. :-)

So people can start working on the backends immediately, that's what we're
lacking at the moment most. If you want to get your backend loaded, just
modify Solid::ManagerBasePrivate::loadBackends() accordyingly.

If beasties show up we'll fix them as they appear.

For new interfaces in the public API, I'll still play the gatekeeper so please
make sure those are reviewed first, don't commit them directly in the public
API.

Let's rock on people!

> Ps: I like the metalworkers name xD!

Yeah, it was kind of a late night joke, but after all I think we should stick
with it. ;-)

Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net