[Kde-hardware-devel] kde's power management configuration

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 10:22:50 CET 2010

Hello, sorry for the late reply.

On Wednesday 03 February 2010 11:44:31 Gregor Galwas wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I'm new to this list and I've been told to ask my question about power
> management configuration here.

Correct :)

> With KDE's power management tool I can set it to "lock the screen on
> resume". I'd like to know if it's possible to make a difference between
> suspend to ram and suspend to disk.  In my case I would like it to lock
> the screen on *suspend to disk* but not to lock it (leave it untouched) on
> *suspend to ram*. Currently I see no way to configure it like that.

It's correct, there is no way to configure this.

I don't actually feel like implementing such a feature, because it would
increase the complexity for the average user: it's the first time I actually
hear such a request and I fear implementing it would just add another
configuration option about which many and many users will complain about