[Kde-hardware-devel] Udisks & optical media

Jacopo De Simoi wilderkde at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 11:36:59 CET 2010

Hey metalworkers!
  I've been quite busy in the last few months (organizing a wedding is _really_ time consuming ;) )
but now I have finally found some time to resume hacking on kde.
I tried to use the udisks backend and it mostly works, only I can't have optical media working.
What I'm concerned about is that

udisks --monitor

does not react to disc insert/eject; when I manually poll the drive with udisks --poll-for-media /dev/hda
the monitor indeed shows something but neither dolphin nor the device notifier react.
It is unclear to me whether it's my installation of udisks that does not work properly or if it's the backend that it does not work well
on top of it. In any case, any help is appreciated so that I can have a working setup to squash some remaining bugs on the device notifier.
Any hints?
(udisks 1.0.1   -   udev 151)

Thanks

 Jacopo