[Kde-hardware-devel] KDE from trunk ignores udisks and hal events, and probably upower too

27/249 i27249 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 21:51:01 CET 2010

Hi everybody!

I had some weird trouble with recent trunk builds (latest revision I
tested: 1208220): I got no responce to such events as USB flash
inserting or removing, and, as far as I can see - no power management.

dbus-monitor --system shows that udisks daemon sends proper signals.
Here is a log of messages that goes thru the bus at USB flash
insertion:

signal sender=:1.763 -> dest=(null destination) serial=16
path=/org/freedesktop/UDisks; interface=org.freedesktop.UDisks;
member=DeviceAdded
   object path "/org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdc"
signal sender=:1.763 -> dest=(null destination) serial=17
path=/org/freedesktop/UDisks; interface=org.freedesktop.UDisks;
member=DeviceAdded
   object path "/org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdc1"

As I can see, there is no destination, so it means that no one listens
these events.
I tried with HAL, but unfortunately got completely same results.

So, I have a number of questions:
1) It's only me, or it's broken in upstream?
2) What component should listen these events? And, by the way, where
it's sources located? What I have to check first here (if any)?
3) If it's only me, what hidden dependencies may I miss?

At this moment, I suppose that missing dependencies is most probable
case. I updated all packages that seems to be in touch with kdelibs
and kdebase-workspace, and got no effect. I think I'm missing
something.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my english :)

--
Best regards, Bogdan "aix27249" Kokorev <i27249 at gmail.com>