[Kde-hardware-devel] Hal-less status (implemented interfaces)

Alex Fiestas alex at eyeos.org
Sun Dec 19 20:45:35 CET 2010

Hi there co-metalworkers.

We're close to accomplish one of our goals, a KDE 4.6 which doesn't
depends on HAL and 100% retrocompatible, good work to everyone!

Below you can find a small summary of what backends are implementing
what interfaces (according to supportedInterfaces). When writing this
list I got couple of doubts

1-Is true that nobody is implementing Buttons? sounds weird to me :s
2-Someone has a SmartCardReader? I don't see how to implement this in
hal source :/

I will try to get SerialInterface implemented in the next few days, and
if  Button needs to be implemented, I think that I can do that in a
couple of days too (according to hal source code it doesn't seems very
complicated).

Cyap!

==============Backend<---->Interface relations===================
Not implemented:
     Solid::DeviceInterface::Button
     Solid::DeviceInterface::SerialInterface
     Solid::DeviceInterface::SmartCardReader;

UDev:
     Solid::DeviceInterface::Processor
     Solid::DeviceInterface::AudioInterface
     Solid::DeviceInterface::NetworkInterface
     Solid::DeviceInterface::Camera
     Solid::DeviceInterface::PortableMediaPlayer
     Solid::DeviceInterface::DvbInterface
     Solid::DeviceInterface::Video
     Solid::DeviceInterface::Block

UPower: