[Kde-hardware-devel] Solid UPnP Backend - Current State

Nikhil Marathe nsm.nikhil at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 05:31:08 CEST 2010

2010/8/24 Paulo Rômulo <p.romuloo at gmail.com>:
> Hello, all.
> As you should know, GSoC ended last week. I've made a blog post [1] about my
> project, but for those who didn't see, I'm here to talk about the current
> state of the UPnP backend.

Great work Paulo.

> @ervin: can you believe that he changed the API *again*? :-p).

I was just going to write to you about this when I saw this mail. Yes
he has :) and it broke my system once
since I ignored it. For now I am keeping my code to work on the 0.6
version ( SVN rev 49 ). I can't update
my local HUpnp until the Solid code is converted, and I'd have to do
full analysis of my KIO code too. So take your
time converting Solid to the new API, I'll deal with the slave in 2
weeks once my exams are done.

I also have an issue about Solid crashing sometimes when UPnP devices
disappear. I'll try to reproduce that once you switch to the new API.

Cheers,
Nikhil