[Kde-hardware-devel] bluetooth in kde

Alex Fiestas alex at eyeos.org
Mon Sep 14 10:29:44 CEST 2009

On Sunday 13 September 2009 22:24:24 Ozan Çağlayan wrote:
> Hola,
>
> I don't know if I'll have time to contribute to its codebase but as a
> distro maintainer, I'm very concerned about the status of kbluetooth as
> people complains a lot about it :(
>
> For example, I can't make kbluelock work, is it working correctly on the
> current trunk?
Yes, it should be working.
> a2dp pairing (with eventual pulseaudio support), network access point
> support for correctly sharing the internet through a cellular phone,etc.
> etc.
Well, the only point I haven't look at it is the pulseaudio stuff, but I know
that bluez already support it (they had a gsoc for it), so it won't be
impossible :)!

> > I'm unsure about work on kio_slave, the people really cares about have a
> > kio_salve for bluetooth, so maybe we've to give to it more priority.
>
> That even represents a regression as it was already implemented and
> working in 3.5.x. kioslave for bluetooth is really a trivial and
> transparent solution for end-users. I once head complains from a guy
> which works with a kiosk-like handheld device (through windows 98). He
> was using kioslave for transferring the files from it in 3.5 as Windows
> doesn't even have a similar facility to transfer files so he misses that
> in 4.x.
I'll try to work on the kio as soon as we've the other basic stuff supported,
for example pairing of audio/modems.

> So I'm here to express my opinions in terms of functionality and
> usability eventhough I can't contribute code to it, Thanks for your
>  efforts.
Thanks you for your interest!

--
Alex Fiestas