[Kde-hardware-devel] New devicenotifier moved to kdereview

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Oct 4 12:36:49 CEST 2009

A Diumenge, 4 d'octubre de 2009, Jacopo De Simoi va escriure:
> Dear plasma-devs, hardware-devs, core-devs,
>
>   giucam and I, with some very-much-appreciated help by notmart have been
>  lately quite busy porting the devicenotifier to use QGraphicsWidgets; the
>  superficial look-and-feel is pretty much the same as the old device
>  notifier, plus the notable improvement given by the features of giucam
>  "big revamp", which you might have lately enjoyed in trunk. Many visual
>  aspects have been polished along with some little new features here and
>  there which have been added, which improve the user experience quite a bit
>  in our opinion and make it even more consistent with plasma than it was
>  before. We spent quite some time trying to get rid of most bugs and as for
>  now, we believe that it is ready for merging into trunk. Of course we need
>  your feedback first, so grab it, try it out and tell us what you think!
>
> trunk/kdereview/plasma/applets/devicenotifier-refactor
>
> **Please notice that there is a OLD devicenotifier in kdereview; make sure
>  you grab the right one**

This is a joke right? Can't the plasma team make their mind up and remove the
old one if it's deprecated by this one?

> To whom it may concert: there are a couple of new strings in the
>  configuration dialog (which have been there since the big revamp, so ~1
>  month ago); I am i18n-challenged and I do not know how to notify these to
>  the i18n-team; please let me know so that I can take all the necessary
>  steps.

So you didn't even try to make an effort? I'm sure kde-devel channel is full
of people that can point you into the right direction to get some i18n advice.

Some comments:
	"%1  free" <- double space
   i18n("General") <- needs context
   i18n("Hide ") + name <--- Use %1 here and give context of what %1 is
	Your Messages.sh is wrong, it's not extracting the strings from the ui file

Albert