[Kde-hardware-devel] teardown timeout?

Jacopo De Simoi wilderkde at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 10:29:25 CEST 2009

Hi there,
 I've been experiencing some issues with what appears to be a teardown timeout; in particular when copying a relatively large chunk of data to my super-slow-n-cheap sd card and unmounting, the process takes about 1 minute or mabye more (and succeeds); nevertheless after 30 seconds (or so) I get a tearDownDone with a failure, even if the data is still to be flushed to the card (the light is still on and I cannot act on the device in any way). When the flushing actually finishes, everything is back to normal.
I understand that a timeout there is needed in case something goes very wrong, but on the other hand this might confuse the casual user. Can anybody think of a solution for this?
Thanks

  --J