[Kde-hardware-devel] 2009 introspective

Fabrizio Montesi famontesi at gmail.com
Wed May 6 15:59:37 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 05 May 2009 20:47:57 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> jolie doesn't actually do UPnP, it jut connects together the pieces once
> you know where they are. we still need a proper announcement and discovery
> service and are planning on using UPnP; i'd prefer to use a KDE framework,
> e.g. coherence, than roll our own in plasma (obviously :) .. and that's why
> i'm doing this: to expose what's happening and where we can work together
> better.

Some brief recap about Jolie from the "horse", as aaron puts it. ;)

Jolie doesn't do UPnP, true. Kevin's suggestion was to implement UPnP as a
Jolie protocol, so that Jolie could orchestrate ("connect the pieces
together") natively. However there is currently no manpower to do this; it can
always be made in the future or even be implemented using coherence as a
backend (though that would introduce a dependency, but hey).

Bye,
Fabrizio.