[Kde-hardware-devel] 2009 introspective

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue May 5 20:17:58 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Mardi, le 5 mai 2009, à 16:01, Adriaan de Groot a écrit:
> there are better plans for UPnP integration across
> the KDE desktop, with at least three "rival" non-communicating disconnected
> efforts going on (Amarok internals, coherence, Jolie and network:/ are
> keywords here).

IMHO this sounds a bit to harsh, pardon me. To my knowledge there is
communication, just low-frequency and small content. Bart from Amarok invited
some to the meeting in Paris next weekend (?). And the network:/ kioslave has
no UPnP stuff in it yet, due to me being without UPnP knowledge and
devices/use cases. So I just wait for and try to encourage those who do have
these to add an UPnP backend for the kioslave (see
kdebase/runtime/kioslave/network/network/builder) and perhaps cooperate on
the contained network library as a whole. No rivaling here :)

But sure, things could improve a lot. It may mostly lack someone with UPnP
knowledge pushing things, so others can join the efforts.

Cheers
Friedrich
--
Okteta - KDE 4 Hex Editor - http://utils.kde.org/projects/okteta