[Kde-hardware-devel] 2009 introspective

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue May 5 16:01:38 CEST 2009

On Monday 04 May 2009 21:53:48 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> I'm putting together a "where are we now, where are we going" snapshot of
> as many of the "big pieces" in KDE 4 as possible, and I'd like some input
> from you on Solid.

All in all, I don't think there has been a tremendous amount of discussion on
this list, not about Solid or anything else.

> * What have been the defining achievements in the last year?

Best I can come up with -- but then I'm not in much of a position to know what
Solid *should* do, so for me it's a matter of "USB plugging works on my
systems" -- is that there are better plans for UPnP integration across the KDE
desktop, with at least three "rival" non-communicating disconnected efforts
going on (Amarok internals, coherence, Jolie and network:/ are keywords here).

> * What are the main focus points and or goals for the project in 2009?

I'll leave that for Kevin.

> As an example of what I'm looking for, here's the answer set of Plasma:

Thanks for the example; I'm not sure that this list (as distinct from what
Solid does) is in any shape to answer as comprehensively as you have.

--
Adriaan de Groot - KDE Quality Team, KDE-Solaris
                 - http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/