[Kde-hardware-devel] Merging new Solid Actions control module and existing control module

Ben Cooksley sourtooth at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 08:14:20 CET 2009

Hi all,

There are currently two control modules for Solid: one for choosing
backends, and one for managing actions. At the end of the review of
the managing actions module it was suggested that I start a discussion
about how to merge these two modules, since they belong together.

Currently I propose creating a new category and placing both modules
under it, so the user can find all the solid configuration under one
item in system settings.
Before I do this however I would like to know:
A) Should both modules be merged at the code level?
B) Are there any problems currently with the existing backend
selector, which would be corrected by the above?

Regards,
Ben Cooksley
Solid Actions control module maintainer.