[Kde-hardware-devel] Solid SerialInterface and Device Notifier

Markus Becker mab at comnets.uni-bremen.de
Fri Jul 24 11:36:08 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to create an action for a serial device, which should be available
in the Device Notifier.

In order to do that I created the following serial.desktop file and put it into
/usr/share/kde4/apps/solid/actions/:

-----------------
[Desktop Entry]
X-KDE-Solid-Predicate=[ IS SerialInterface ]
Type=Service
Actions=open;

[Desktop Action open]
Name=Start Serial Device
Exec=kioclient exec %f
Icon=system-file-manager

Contrary to what I expected, no action is available in the Device Notifier. Is
the problem with the predicate? I tried the predicate using PyKDE and for that
it works fine.

Is something in Device Notifier ignoring SerialInterfaces?

Does KDE needs to be restarted to pick up the serial.desktop files?

Thanks in advance,
Markus