[Kde-hardware-devel] Service Discovery Protocol support for Bluetooth engine

Daniel Gollub dgollub at suse.de
Mon Jul 2 18:51:56 CEST 2007

On Monday 02 July 2007, Juan González wrote:
>      I've added SDP support on the bluetooth engine on a branch[1] from
> kdebase/runtime/solid.
> This addition involves:
>
> - A new class to hold the information about services available in a remote
> device. This class is declared in Solid::Control namespace, is called
> ServiceRecord and is defined in [2]. (Maybe it should be renamed to
> BluetoothServiceRecord...)
Not quite sure if there is  or will be other interfaces/modules which have to
use the same term... but to be save i would vote for renaming to
BluetoothServiceRecord .. actually most (all?) of the bluetooth classes in
solid start with Bluetooth as prefix...

> - A public slot, findServices(), to [2] to start the service search. This
> slot accepts an optional filter to reduce search results.
I guess  the counterpart signal "addService" should be renamed
to "foundService" ... what do you think?

> - Three public signals to [2] to notify service discovery start, each
> service found and discovery end.
>
> - Public == operator (this is not strictly neede, but...)
Cool

> - On [3] introduced the SOLID_CALL for the findServices() slot, and
> connected the new signals to the backend object.
>
> - As a consequence of that additions, modified [4] and [5]
>
> - Finally, created an implementation for that SDP interface on the bluez
> backend. For this, I created a new threaded queued dispatcher that handles
> sdp requests one by one, as most hardware seems to not support simultaneous
> sdp requests. The dispatcher is defined at the newly introduced files [7] &
> [8], and used from [9] and [10].
Thats really cool! We got faced with the same issues when doing several SDP
request with the KDE3 kdebluetooth BlueZ branch... maybe we should backport
this one :)

> If everybody is ok with this changes, I'll take them to trunk myself.
Go for it!

Great work!

best regards,
Daniel