[Kde-hardware-devel] Service Discovery Protocol support for Bluetooth engine
juan at aga-system.com
Mon Jul 2 18:14:10 CEST 2007
I've added SDP support on the bluetooth engine on a branch from
This addition involves:
- A new class to hold the information about services available in a remote
device. This class is declared in Solid::Control namespace, is called
ServiceRecord and is defined in . (Maybe it should be renamed to
- A public slot, findServices(), to  to start the service search. This
slot accepts an optional filter to reduce search results.
- Three public signals to  to notify service discovery start, each
service found and discovery end.
- Public == operator (this is not strictly neede, but...)
- On  introduced the SOLID_CALL for the findServices() slot, and
connected the new signals to the backend object.
- As a consequence of that additions, modified  and 
- Finally, created an implementation for that SDP interface on the bluez
backend. For this, I created a new threaded queued dispatcher that handles
sdp requests one by one, as most hardware seems to not support simultaneous
sdp requests. The dispatcher is defined at the newly introduced files  &
, and used from  and .
If everybody is ok with this changes, I'll take them to trunk myself.
Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?...
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Kde-hardware-devel