[Kde-hardware-devel] Service Discovery Protocol support for Bluetooth engine

Juan González juan at aga-system.com
Mon Jul 2 18:14:10 CEST 2007

Hi list,
     I've added SDP support on the bluetooth engine on a branch[1] from
kdebase/runtime/solid.
This addition involves:

- A new class to hold the information about services available in a remote
device. This class is declared in Solid::Control namespace, is called
ServiceRecord and is defined in [2]. (Maybe it should be renamed to
BluetoothServiceRecord...)

- A public slot, findServices(), to [2] to start the service search. This
slot accepts an optional filter to reduce search results.

- Three public signals to [2] to notify service discovery start, each
service found and discovery end.

- Public == operator (this is not strictly neede, but...)

- On [3] introduced the SOLID_CALL for the findServices() slot, and
connected the new signals to the backend object.

- As a consequence of that additions, modified [4] and [5]

- Finally, created an implementation for that SDP interface on the bluez
backend. For this, I created a new threaded queued dispatcher that handles
sdp requests one by one, as most hardware seems to not support simultaneous
sdp requests. The dispatcher is defined at the newly introduced files [7] &
[8], and used from [9] and [10].

If everybody is ok with this changes, I'll take them to trunk myself.

Regards

[1]:
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/soc_kdebluetooth4/solid_sdp
[2]:
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/soc_kdebluetooth4/solid_sdp/control/solid/control/bluetoothremotedevice.h?r1=676035&r2=680245
[3]:
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/soc_kdebluetooth4/solid_sdp/control/solid/control/bluetoothremotedevice.cpp?r1=676035&r2=680245
[4]:
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/soc_kdebluetooth4/solid_sdp/control/solid/control/ifaces/bluetoothremotedevice.h?r1=676035&r2=680245
[5]:
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/soc_kdebluetooth4/solid_sdp/control/backends/fakebluetooth/fakebluetoothremotedevice.h?r1=676035&r2=680245
[6]: http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/soc_kdebluetooth4/solid_sdp/bluez/
[7]:
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/soc_kdebluetooth4/solid_sdp/bluez/bluez-serviceparser.cpp?revision=682185&view=markup
[8]:
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/soc_kdebluetooth4/solid_sdp/bluez/bluez-serviceparser.h?revision=682185&view=markup
[9]:
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/soc_kdebluetooth4/solid_sdp/bluez/bluez-bluetoothremotedevice.h?r1=676035&r2=682098
[10]:
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/soc_kdebluetooth4/solid_sdp/bluez/bluez-bluetoothremotedevice.cpp?r1=676035&r2=682098
--
Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?...
http://blog.opsiland.info/