[Kde-hardware-devel] Fwd: kde-bluetooth part of solid?

Cerneels Bart bart.cerneels at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 07:32:48 CEST 2006

Rockman and I were planning to improve the kde-bluetooth framework itself.
I was thinking, there are more communication standards geared towards
Consumer Electronics that deserve a KDE GUI. UPnP for one, but I'm sure
there are many other you guys can think of. Would those still fall under
Solid, as separate programs/projects or could we join all those in a new,
"KDE4 naming styled ", project for Consumer Electronics communication
protocols.

See below for more.

2006/9/28, Christopher Blauvelt <cblauvelt at gmail.com>:

> We've been talking about including it for a while.  It has been planned to
> make it a separate part of Solid instead of integrating it into the network
> manager.  What sort of profiles were you planning on implementing?  What I
> see being really useful would be modems, hid devices, and tcp/ip networking
> for data exchange with a PDA.  Your help would be great to have.
> Chris

I was thinking obex to and of course all of the above. But since OpenObex
supports multiple transport protocols (Bluetooth, IrDA, USB, probably TCP/IP
and serial  to), the obex implementation won't be bluetooth specific.