[Kde-hardware-devel] Examples

Karlos arroba2puntos at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 23:55:38 CEST 2006

Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the future:
>  - please avoid replying in html only
>  - don't forget to keep posting on list ;-)

Sorry.
> Le lundi 4 septembre 2006 21:30, Karlos a écrit :
>
>>  I think "interrupt" is not the same as "sw_interrupt".
>>

> Ok, so it'll probably require some more thought. Knowing the exact meaning of
> both would help of course.

Searching...
>>  Also you forgot
>> "iowait", that only exists in linux.
>>

> Actually it was in the enum I proposed.

Yes but being "iowait" only in linux is a one more reason to make
patform-specific enums.
>>  I named it like the class that already exists in solid because i dont know
>> where will be the code when its is ready.
>>

> In any case it's probably better to put it in its own SysInfo class. Then if
> appropriate it could be called from the frontend capabilities classes. But I
> doubt there's any use for it, we generally have applications doing hardware
> discovery and applications retrieving system information. Forcing to do
> hardware discovery in order to retrieve sysinfo data probably wouldn't make
> sense in this case.

I agree 100%.

>>  I would like to know if there is a place somewhere in the KDE repository
>> where i can put the code to make it visible easier.
>>

> If it stays self contained in a SysInfo class we can probably add it in the
> solid library quite easily with the other classes. Otherwise we'll have to
> give it some more thought, anyway if it's not self contained it probably
> means that some design will be required. ;-)
>
> Regards.

Yes, i think this code should have its own classes, i will separated it.

Dont you prefer a class' name like "SysMonitorize" or "HWSatistics"?
SysInfo is too ambiguous...

Best regards.

--
/Karlos