[Kde-hardware-devel] I offer my help (powermanager with HAL backend)

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Jun 27 08:15:42 CEST 2006

Le Mardi 27 Juin 2006 07:23, Martin (KaFai), Lau a écrit :
> I screen through the solid svn tree. I think I have a rough idea... I am
> probably wrong in many of them though ^_^
>
> Having said that, I am still dare to put up my little idea, ask for
> correction and learn from the mistakes before jumping off the cliff.  Here
> is my idea on powermanger with HAL backend

At first glance it looks almost ok, a few comments though:
 - Inheritance from Solid::Ifaces::PowerManager MUST NOT be virtual
 - Constructor must have a second parameter: const QStringList &args,
otherwise you won't be able to use it as a module
 - You're not forced to have the members in a HalPowerManagerPrivate d
pointer. It has been done this way in the HalDeviceManager for historical
reasons but for backends d pointers are mandatory, and not using them might
simplify your code a bit.
 - Regarding the Battery member, you surely want to have a list of batteries,
because some system have several of them.

Ne font reculer l'ignorance."