[Kde-hardware-devel] I offer my help (powermanager with HAL backend)

Martin (KaFai), Lau iamkafai2002 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 07:23:05 CEST 2006

I screen through the solid svn tree. I think I have a rough idea... I am probably wrong in many of them though ^_^

Having said that, I am still dare to put up my little idea, ask for correction and learn from the mistakes before jumping off the cliff.  Here is my idea on powermanger with HAL backend

#ifndef HALPOWERMANAGER_H
#define HALPOWERMANAGER_H

#include <kdemacros.h>
#include <solid/ifaces/powermanager.h>

class HalPowerManagerPrivate;

class KDE_EXPORT HalPowerManager : virtual public Solid::Ifaces::PowerManager
{
    Q_OBJECT
public:
    /**
     * Constructs a PowerManager
     */
    HalPowerManager( QObject *parent = NULL );

    virtual ~HalPowerManager();

   //others pure virtual functions from Solid::Ifaces::PowerManager

 private:
    HalPowerManagerPrivate *d;
};

#endif

#include "haldevice.h"
#include "battery.h"
#include "acadapter.h"
#include "halcalljob.h"
#include "halpowermanager.h"

//The question is....does this class make sense?
class HalPowerManagerPrivate
{
public:
    HalPowerManagerPrivate();
    ~HalPowerManagerPrivate();
    HalDevice *m_computer; // Suspend, Shutdown, SetPowerSave...etc
    Battery *m_battery;  //battery state
    AcAdapter *m_ac; //ac adapter state
};

Regards,