[Kde-hardware-devel] New solid features

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Aug 16 19:28:11 CEST 2006

Le mercredi 16 août 2006 16:41, Karlos a écrit :
> Im planning a new app for KDE 4.

Out of curiosity, which app are you planning?

> It will need some hardware information
> like CPU or RAM usage, temperature sensors...

Currently we're not covering this kind of "volatile" data. But in the past a
few developers expressed some interest in working on this. You probably want
to contact them and work with them, namely Albert Astals Cid and  John
Tapsell AFAICT.

Albert? John? Any opinion or more information about efforts in this regard?

> I see that, for the moment, solid API doesnt provide this information. I
> dont know the plans for solid but i can do the job.

Well, it's definitely not on my personal TODO. That said I'm perfectly fine to
see some people adding this features under the solid umbrella.

Ne font reculer l'ignorance."