[kde-guidelines] Shift+Delete shortcut for "cut" standard action

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Wed Jun 3 17:11:00 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 03 June 2015, 17:18:16 Thomas Lübking wrote:
> CC'ing kde-guidelines.
>
> FYI, Shift+Del is IBMs common user access variant[5]... (for Cut)
And therefore it is reflected in our guideline
https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG/Keyboard_Shortcuts

Action 	Key 	Altern. 	Comment
Cut 	Ctrl+X 	Shift+Delete 	Cut the selected area and store it in the
clipboard

Dolphin is doing wrong with Shift+Del for delete, Krusader doesn't use
Shift+Del and Kate (katepart?) applies Cut to it by default. So far my first
tests...

Thanks Thomas, for bringing this up here.