[kde-guidelines] HIG: Animations

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Tue Jul 29 10:44:55 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 29 July 2014, 11:20:15 David Edmundson wrote:
> >** Accelerate and decelerate movement as if has a mass. Consider to
> >correlate
> control size with mass and apply acceleration accordingly.
>
> The term we tend to use is "easing":
> http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qml-qtquick-propertyanimation.html#easing.typ
> e-prop In general we use "ease in-out" which means it accelerates to max
> speed, then slows down.

I added: "Use Easing.InOutQuad[1] for items up to 100px, Easing.InOutCubic if
size is between 100 and 250px, and Easing.OutInQuart for all above 250px." The
actual value should get decided by designers, IMHO.

>> ** Show a surface reaction on input (like a drop into water).
>This isn't very feasible.
Devs can do all :-)

--------
[1] http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qml-qtquick-propertyanimation.html#easing.type-prop