[kde-guidelines] Styleguide, Section 1 (Vision, Persona, Scenario)

Björn Balazs b at lazs.de
Thu Jan 30 10:04:25 UTC 2014

Thanks for adding the sections! Great work!

Concerning the examples:

For personas, I think we should try to find KDE wide personas and projects
should be encouraged to pick the best fitting ones. But as for vision and
scenario, they should also be allowed to create their own. We should somehow
create a pool of real world examples for each artefact. So if KTP wants to
actually work on these artefacts the results need to be easily accessible,
just like those from any other project...

Also I would like to question the choice of artefacts. I like to use the
metaphor of a stage play. When we want to find UX solutions, we need to
understand some sample scenes of the interaction. Each scene (I would call
this scenario) has some roles (persona) and there is a stage with some stuff
on it (I like to call it situationa). The narrator will tell us about the
feelings of the actor(s) (I like to call this animata) and what they want to
achieve (the destinata) when they enter the stage (aka start the interaction
with the to-be-designed tool)...

Personas, Situationas and Animata can well be shared between the different KDE
projects. Destinatas need to be defined individually (and hence the
scenarios).

The vision is sitting on top of it all :)

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Björn