[kde-guidelines] Revitalize the Design Crew. Hand count.

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Sun Jan 19 14:33:44 UTC 2014

On Sunday 19 January 2014, 15:16:13 Jens Reuterberg wrote:
> Well this is for everyone in the vague field of "design" (interaction design
> and consistency counts) so get your hand up Heiko! ;)
>
> Seriously I think by creating a team where we know who knows what will be
> awesome and by having a wide group will be more inclusive and open than
> small isolated islands of people doing stuff on their own.

Fully agreed, and of course I'm with you. To make my position clear: I don't
care about transparency, border size, colors, segmentation etc. But I'm
getting nervous when it comes to flat design because it lacks on the very
important difference between lowered vs. raised controls which indicate if
input is available. And you can count on me for icon design, or rather
predesign that is searching for metaphors and, of course, evaluating the
results (http://user-prompt.com/semiotics-in-usability-guidelines-for-the-development-of-icon-metaphors/).