[kde-guidelines] Plasma Sketchathon

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Sat Feb 1 23:20:07 UTC 2014

On Saturday 01 February 2014 23:32:55 Jens Reuterberg wrote:
> I only refer to you as "The HIG guys" with the highest respect and adoration
> in mind, btw :)

I never assumed otherwise :)
It was just an example of what names people give us ;)

> This Sunday we're having a Plasma Next Sketchathon with all members, its
> kinda short (we talked about it yesterday) so the question is if we will
> get allot of entries but its for the VDG to sketch out "If I could have any
> desktop I liked, no constraints or technical hindrances - what would it
> look like". Just mockups, small sketches, nothing serious - but worthwhile
> I think.

> Perhaps you guys might want to join in or having your own a few days later
> and then we compare notes?

I really like the idea and I'd like to participate, but I guess that I might
already have been in KDE too long to come up with something really fresh. What
I would probably be best at would be discussing your sketches with you guys,
pointing out potential usability pitfalls and making suggestions for how to
avoid them.
If you would like that kind of feedback at this stage, just holler. If you
think that this stage is too early for that, I can pitch in later.
That's just my personal stance though, the other "HIG guys" may feel
differently.

> Sry for hijacking your thread!

No problem. I took the liberty to change the subject to clarify the topic
change, though ;)