[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Scenario

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Sat Feb 1 22:27:58 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 29 January 2014 10:14:29 Heiko Tietze wrote:
> On 28.01.2014 20:54:00, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> >> * Always create scenarios on ground of empirical data.
> >
> >Since we ask people to collect empirical data, we should tell them how to
> >do that. Are you planning to write a guideline on user research as well?
> >If not,
> >
> >we should at least point people to freely available resources about user
> >
> >research, since I don't think it's something one can do intuitively without
> >
> >any guidance.
>
> I don't plan to write such a page; that would be an overkill for a HIG.
> Perhaps we should remind about the UX team instead?

Yes, that could work.
That reminds me: We still don't have a name for our team. Sometimes we're
referred to as "the usability people", Jens calls us "the HIG guys"...

Suggestion for the HIG:
"Feel free to ask the KDE user experience team (kde-usability at kde.org) for
assistance with the collection of empirical data".