[kde-guidelines] HIG for search needed (?)

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Thu Apr 17 18:29:13 UTC 2014

On Thursday 17 April 2014 14:27:38 Heiko Tietze wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 April 2014, 21:44:18 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> > Why can't we just call it Search?
>
> Do you agree to separate the filter (or whatever we call it) function from
> search?

As stated before, I see three different things (filter a list, search anywhere
and highlight within opened document), and in order to keep HIGs short, we
should in fact create one HIG for each, and interlink them.
I'd focus on the filtering first, since this is what the current draft mostly
talks about.