[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Menu bar

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Mon Sep 23 14:14:46 UTC 2013

Am Montag, 23. September 2013, 14:40:57 schrieb Thomas Pfeiffer:
> ... I am all for showing the
> menu bar by default, but users consciously decides that they prefer to
> have it in a button, why should we not allow them to do  that?

Of course is configurability one of the core features of KDE. But the default
should be defined in the HIG. I'm not sure that adding a passage about the
option to configure stuff is necessary.

By the way: In my opinion it's a good idea to ask users about those issues. We
identified some problems so far where we disagree. So why don't ask the
community?