[kde-guidelines] Accordion

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Thu Oct 10 23:07:05 UTC 2013

On Friday 11 October 2013, 00:29:11 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> Now that I actually understand the difference between accordion / tool box
> and vertical tabs, I'd vote for using the accordion instead of vertical
> tabs in cases where there isn't enough horizontal space for horizontal
> tabs.

I believe there is no KDE application that makes use of accordion. But I don't
know for sure. Anyway, is it neccessary to have two different pages in HIG?
Disregarding whether the controls are used or not, in which situation the
accordion should get applied and when tabs? Beside the appearance both have
similar or even identical interaction, or not?