[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Tabs

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Thu Oct 10 19:33:15 UTC 2013

On Thursday 10 October 2013, 20:12:06 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> Ah okay, now I see that I confused vertical tabs with the Tool Box widget
> [3]. I guess we need an HIG for that one as well.
> Calligra managed to get vertically stacked tabs with horizontally written
> labels for their tool options docker, though (see Calligra Words, for
> example). I think they work way better than tabs with vertical labels
> because you can read them comfortably. Maybe we should encourage them
> instead?

QToolbox is what I know as accordion. The discussion about is here [1].

Encourage vertical tabs? Rather not:
* Do not write novels at tab's label. :-)

It would be okay when text length is not too different, and if some tabs can be
stacked. Otherwise it looks weird.

[1] http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-guidelines/2013-October/000530.html