[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Dialogs

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Fri Oct 4 14:18:38 UTC 2013

Am Donnerstag, 3. Oktober 2013, 16:13:15 schrieb Thomas Pfeiffer:
> I'd replace "Find" with "Advanced search" because I guess we don't want...
done

> I'm not sure if we should allow nested dialogs at all. I'd prefer to
> discourage nesting in general (if it cannot be avoided, an exception can
> still be made).
This part is from the old page. I agree with you that nesting modal dialogs is
weird.

* Avoid to nest dialogs, especially in case of modal dialogs.

> > * Dialogs are grouped in meaningful sections. The...
> Here a link to the grouping HIGs would make sense.
We do not have a general 'grouping' page (apart from the category page).

* Dialogs are grouped in meaningful sections, for instance by
[[Projects/Usability/HIG/GroupBox|group boxes]]. The actions are grouped along
their context of use, not along technical relations.