[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Dialogs

Teo Mrnjavac teo at mykolab.com
Thu Oct 3 08:55:58 UTC 2013

On 02/10/2013 16:34, Heiko Tietze wrote:
(snip)
> * Dialogs should not be bigger than 800x600 pixels and should always
> be resizable

A bit of a nitpick: we should probably avoid specifying a size in pixels
since there seems to be a trend of high DPI displays these days, e.g.
2880x1620 at 15.6" on some new Asus and Lenovo laptops, as well as retina
MacBooks. 800x600 is a smallish dialog on those, and dialogs which start
with a fixed pixel size can be very annoying. I propose replacing this
guideline with
* Dialogs should not be bigger than two thirds of the screen size and
should always be resizable.

Cheers,
--
Teo Mrnjavac