[kde-guidelines] KStyleguide

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu May 23 14:33:51 UTC 2013

>Do not add controls to notification.

As the developer of the app, you can't add controls to the notification system.
The Plasma team can add controls to the program that displays
notifications, but that's not guidelines on how to use the
notification system so should not be here.

>Provide header and content text (remark: not precise enough)

>From a dev POV this is the "title". We should use that term.
"Make sure to make the origin of the notification clear from the
notification title".

>Notification content must not exceed three lines.

Plasma will trim to 3 lines by itself.  Also "lines" is rather
arbitrary it depends on language, font size, notification dialog size
(which you can change), etc.
This will need to be worded more like  "keep messages concise" with
some examples.

> Are all notifications configured in KCM? If not, how to separate?

I assume by KCM you mean the KCM at System Settings -> Application and
System Notifications -> Manage Notifications

If so, yes they are. Though it also possible to configure
notifications in other places _as well_ but they will still always
appear here.