[kde-guidelines] List view

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Tue Jun 11 21:11:06 UTC 2013

Am Dienstag, 11. Juni 2013, 21:38:10 schrieb Thomas Pfeiffer:
> > About crappy cbl: Can we demand better one?
> Well, theoretically there are two ways:
The more I think about your position the more I'm convinced that we should do
that. Lists are such a prominent controls that any advantage will help KDE.
Perhaps I'll find some minutes tomorrow to conclude my ideas about the
definition of a new list.

> > And just to not forget a point: Keyboard navigation is done by left/right
> > cursor (instead of up/down which is every time "surprising" to me).
>
> Which example did you look at? In the one I looked at (the timezones
> selection in the settings for the digital clock Plasmoid), navigation was
> done with up/down.
I found this strange behaviour on Kmail and Akregator. Krusader and Dolphin
behave "normal", like browsing through bash history for instance.

Idea behind left/right could be the icon on a button as found at browsers
(which is, however, not present in both tools): I have never seen last/next
(or forward/backward) represented by up/down arrows, only by left/right.

(Some learnings from LibreOffice study: http://user-prompt.com/can-a-direction-in-time-be-displayed-by-spatial-signs/)