[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Start page

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Jul 30 13:04:39 UTC 2013

On 30.07.2013 14:55, Heiko Tietze wrote:
> I finished one more point from the todo list and revised the start page:
> All descriptive passages were moved to
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG/About, and the first part
> about structure is now completely hidden (per div display:none).

It looks way cleaner now, thanks! I don't think we need "display:none"
though: Everything ever written will be kept in the history anyway, so
we can just delete it and easily dig it up again when we continue
working on it.

> Please notice that the remarks about to ask the usability team in case of
> custom stuff was moved as well. IMHO, it's an intermediate solution only.

What would long-term solution would you suggest for custom controls, then?

> Unfortunately the structure will not work well for all until we get the
> references into informative sentences like at the "editing and
> manipulation" part.

True, but I guess we'll have to live with that for now. And we shouldn't
put too much effort into the structure before we've usability-tested it
with the "editing and manpipulation" part.