[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Balloon

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Thu Jul 4 12:51:20 UTC 2013

On Thursday 04 July 2013 14:43:35 Heiko Tietze wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 4. Juli 2013, 14:42:47 schrieb Aurélien Gâteau:
> > On Thursday 04 July 2013 13:21:47 David Edmundson wrote:
> > > I'm not aware of balloons being part of Qt/KDE libs, which means no
> > > developer will ever be using these.
> >
> > Indeed. Those do not exist for now. Better remove the page until they do.
>
> It's a pity. So we do have only single line tooltip and infotips with
> formattings, notification, and messagebox. Right?

We also have KMessageWidget, which is probably what Celeste refers to when she
writes about "info panels"

http://agateau.com/2011/04/21/kde-ux-2011/kmessagewidget.png

It has evolved a bit since this screenshot was taken: there is a subtle
background gradient now, text color is a bit more readable and the icon on the
left is gone by default, but can be set by applications.

Aurélien