[kde-guidelines] Date/Time picker (Was: Grunt work)

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Thu Jul 4 10:07:46 UTC 2013

Am Dienstag, 2. Juli 2013, 17:13:57 schrieb Aurélien Gâteau:
> > * Allow direct input at the input field (e.g. to copy/paste values).
>
> I don't think this line is necessary: this is the default behavior when
> using KDateComboBox and KTimeComboBox.
Removed. But I'm afraid we exclude all important reasons because function is
inbuilt.

> > * Consider to replace the time picker by a drop down list with fixed
> > periods.
>
> KTimeComboBox provides a drop down list by default, see
> http://agateau.com/tmp/ktimecombobox-dropdown.png
Okay, removed.

> > * Insert current time or date into into input field on user reset.
>
> What do you mean with "user reset"?
The small icon/button right hand of input fields. Usually the input field is
cleared when this object is clicked. But that's not a good idea for masked
edits, and some generic input like 00:00 or 01.01.1970 is inappropriate as
well.

> > * If picker is used as popup close it on selection.
> Probably not necessary either: there is no way to get a different behavior.
Okay, removed.

> > I wonder if KDatePicker does realy include the today button along with
> > selection input and week at the bottom. Kmail's calendar widget doesn't
> > have these features, and at least the today is very beneficial.
>
> Not sure which widget you are referring to, is this about KOrganizer "Date
> Navigator" (the one in the top-left corner)? I agree it would be good for it
> to have a "today" button.
In your example picture: Date only > KDatePicker > lowest part (left from
[27/06/2013] [Week 26 v])