[kde-guidelines] Possible guidelines for buttons with menus

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Mon Aug 5 13:11:30 UTC 2013

Am Montag, 5. August 2013, 13:43:54 schrieb Thomas Pfeiffer:
> I agree that split buttons are not the exactly the best widget ever, but
> there are cases where I have not seen better alternatives to them yet.
Another argument comes in my mind after reading Aureliens other posting. When
I start a non-default action from the split button, how do I know what I have
done? Assuming I'm color blind and the button contains three colors, labelled
"red", "green" etc. and I choose the right option by label. More generic
formulated: Every function needs a clear feedback.

Okay, we could toggle the buttons caption (and default function) but this
would be really uncommon. ;-)