[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Start page

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Fri Aug 2 12:44:04 UTC 2013

Le mardi 30 juillet 2013 12:55:36 Heiko Tietze a écrit :
> I finished one more point from the todo list and revised the start page: All
> descriptive passages were moved to
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG/About, and the first part
> about structure is now completely hidden (per div display:none). Please
> notice that the remarks about to ask the usability team in case of custom
> stuff was moved as well. IMHO, it's an intermediate solution only.
> Unfortunately the structure will not work well for all until we get the
> references into informative sentences like at the "editing and
> manipulation" part.

This is much nicer, and the About page makes for a good read.

I think the content of the About page is of interest to HIG users as much as
to HIG contributors, maybe we could give it a bit more visibility by adding an
"Introduction" section to the start page which would consist of the first
paragraph of the About page [1], followed by a link to it labelled "Learn more
about the philosophy of the KDE HIG".

What do you think of this?

Aurélien

[1]:
"""
Human interface guidelines (HIG) are software development documents that offer
application developers a set of recommendations. Their aim is to improve the
experience for users by making application interfaces more consistent and
hence more intuitive and learnable.
"""