[kde-guidelines] bugs.kde.org for guidelines

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Sep 12 20:16:36 CEST 2004

On Sunday 12 September 2004 12:10, Frans Englich wrote:
> I would like to change the layout into a "KDE Guidelines" product, with the
> different guidelines as components.
>
> Objections?

no specific objections other than to say i don't know if a bug database is the
most useful place to hold discussions regarding the guidelines. this seems to
be much more suited to email lists and actually adding to the guidelines
texts in CVS. if for some reason there is a need to have an intermediary
location for recording ideas/thoughts/rants i'd suggest a wiki over the bug
database.

so far the "bug" entries consist of "things that should be covered". what
makes posting these discussions to the appropriate mailing list
unsatisfactory? if there are issues, then we should fix them =)

as for having the different guidelines as components, that would require
support from the artists and the accessability team.

--
Aaron J. Seigo