[kde-guidelines] CVS

zander at kde.org zander at kde.org
Thu Oct 28 19:51:58 CEST 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 05:36:35PM +0000, Frans Englich wrote:
> stylesheets/*.xsl
> src/*.xml			  // docbook sources
> src/images/*.png
> current/{*.php,*.pdf} // "HEAD"/"draft" version
> 1.0/{*.php,*.pdf}
> X.X/{*.php,*.pdf}	  // Different versions of the HIG
>

> 1) Since we most likely will have many images, wouldn't it be a good idea to
> separate those into src/, and possibly other sub directories, in order to
> avoid name clashes, and not flood common?

I'm against putting images in the source dir since you don't expect that you
have to have the source dir as a final format. (i.e. on the webserver)
Common seems fine; and you can always subdir there if need becomes apparent.

> 2) How have you thought to handle different versions of the HIG?

What do you expect to see?  How many versions should there be on the web?
And in what timeframe; should we think about multiple versions if the first
version will only be published maybe a year in the future?

> /src/hig/images/		# Same for a11y and other guildeines, you get the point.
Thats not practical; images could (and should) be shared.

> Do we need anything more than chunked xhtml and PDF(and kdevelop/khelpcenter)?
> I don't see how one page, docbook.xsl, generation would be useful -- it's
> impractical to read, and printing is best done with PDF, AFAICT. In what
> scenario would it be used?

for accessibility readers?

--
Thomas Zander