[kde-guidelines] CVS - Attempt to summarise

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Wed Nov 3 22:18:13 CET 2004

On Monday 01 November 2004 13:22, Ellen Reitmayr wrote:

> [1] The directory structure will be
>
> /
>         /common/
>         /src/
>                 /index.docbook
>                 /accessibility/
>                 /usability/
>         /simple
>         /plain
>         /html
>         /pdf

Exactly

> [2] plus a /archive/ or /versions/ directory (?)

Yes - I like archive better actually, it makes it a little clearer they are
the older versions, not current ones.

> [3] Images (that are included into the contents, no header images) are
> version-specific and should therefore be included into the source tree.
> Should it be /src/images/ or rather /src/accessibility/images/ and
> /src/usability/images/ ??

Yes, that's the plan (I can probably do something about having to duplicate
the images for each generated version, but on the other hand, it's not that
important, their won't be hundreds of them at megs and megs apiece, so a
little duplication is no big deal)

> [4] Auto-generating will be turned off. Once a new version is released,
> generating will be done by the maintainers manually. Wording/spelling
> may be changed on the fly.

Yes.  I am going to hack on my generation script so it timestamps and will
only run if there are changes, that way it could be cronned if we like,
without using resources needlessly

> [5] Versioning will be done by simply copying the old version to a
> subdirectory with the respective version number, and be linked to.

Yes

> [6] Accessibility of the 'normal' html pages should be reviewed by Olaf,
> please.

Yes, please.

> **** Did I get everything correctly? ****

Exactly correctly.  So I will hunt down Aaron and coordinate getting this
stuff into CVS asap.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts