Review Request 128622: Port away from kDebug

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Mon Aug 8 10:17:10 UTC 2016

On Sunday 07 August 2016 17:58:07 Martin Tobias Holmedahl Sandsmark wrote:

> > On Aug. 7, 2016, 12:27 p.m., Martin Koller wrote:
> > > I'm fine with the changes, however I think it is not necessary to have all these separate debug areas since
> > > almost all of them are wrapped in another ifdef and therefore won't be compiled in anyway.
> > > I think just changing kDebug() -> qDebug() would be enough.
>
> The nice thing about qCDebug is that turning the debugging on/off for the various areas can be done at runtime fairly easily.
>
> But I can either remove the ifdefs or change the QCDebug to qDebug if you want to.

to be honest I don't care since I rarely use any of these debugs.
I just wanted to mention that as it is now does not make much sense because they are not compiled in
an therefore you can't turn them on during runtime.
... and in general I think these debugs are mostly useless. Probably the original author needed them
during development, but I see no use at all during runtime.
I already removed some of them while stumbling over...

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at