[Kde-graphics-devel] New libkipi version and KDE release schedule

Victor Dodon dodonvictor at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 10:15:18 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> El Dimecres, 15 d'agost de 2012, a les 12:20:02, Victor Dodon va escriure:
>> Hello to all! My name is Victor Dodon. I am a GSoC student this year
>> and I work on the project "Porting libkipi, kipi-plugin s to KDE-XML
>> GUI' [1].
>>
>> Currently I finished patching libkipi (on the git branch
>> development/2.0.0), digikam kipi interface (on git branch
>> development/3.0.0) and I almost finished finished patching
>> kipi-plugins (on the git branch development/3.0.0). This version of
>> libkipi (2.0.0) breaks the binary compatibility, that's why I would
>> like to know when it would be good to move the code to the git/master?
>> It would be possible to include libkipi 2.0.0 with the 4.10 release of
>> KDE SC? On [2] there is no information about the timeline of KDE SC
>> 4.10.
>>
>> It remains to talk with the developers of the other kipi host
>> applications: Gwenview, KSnapshot, KPhotoAlbum to patch these
>> applications.
>
> How different is the API? I.e. how much porting work is needed?
>
> Cheers,
>   Albert

If you refer to kipi-plugins, then today I will finish patching them.
If you refer to other kipi host applications, the api is not very much
different, but there are some adjustments that must be made to the way
plugins are loaded and to the ui files of these applications. With the
experience from digiKam this must not take very long(maybe 2 days). I
tried to maintain changes internal to libkipi as much as possible.

Victor.